Fish, one of the healthiest foods, is considered as an addition to your diet that is good for your skin and health. Moreover, it will be a smart choice to add more fish to your diet. And the recipe of masala fish fry will enhance the taste of your food. As, it is highly recommended by health experts to eat fish minimum once or twice a week because it is a source of vitamin D, Omega 3, and other high-quality proteins and minerals. Consequently, it may reduce the hazard of heart diseases, depression, cholesterol, and other health conditions.
Mostly, people like to eat fried fish because they are crispy and crunchy from outside and perfectly juicy and flaky from inside. A masala fish fry recipe is a mouth-watering meal that is also good for your health. In Pakistan, different types of fishes are available, and every kind of fish has its taste and flavor. However, most of the people prefer to eat rohu and surmae. Certain things can affect the nutrition value of your fish, i.e. fish type, how you cook the fish, it’s cooking time, and frying oil used to prepare the fish.
Recipe of Masala Fried Fish:
This masala fish fry recipe is a mouth-watering and delicious Pakistani dish prepared by coating the fish pieces with spicy masala that is made with flavorful seasonings and then shallow fry the fish slices until crisp golden brown. The gram flour or rice flour made the crust of fish crispy. Here, we discuss this delicious Pakistani style recipe.
Ingredients for Masala Fried Fish:
- Fish (rohu or surmae) ½ Kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper (roasted and crushed) 1 tsp
- Red chili (roasted and ground) 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds (roasted and crushed) 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds (zeera) (roasted and crushed) 1 tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) ¼ tsp
- White vinegar 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Gram flour (besan) or rice flour 3 tbsp
- Chat masala 1 tsp
- Whole spices (gram masala) 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Method for Masala Fish Fry:
- Dry roast the Black pepper, red chili, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds, until a pleasant aroma arises and keep them aside to cool down then crush them.
- Wash the fish slices with white vinegar and salt and then pad dry them with a paper towel.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Marinate fish slices with this mixture for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the pieces of fish at medium flame.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until they become golden brown and crispy then drain the excess oil with tissue paper or paper towel.
- Garnish the prepared masala fish fry with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
- Serve it with green chutney, chili garlic ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
Remember that fish takes less time to cook so, don’t overcook it. Once it is overcooked, it becomes dry quickly and loses its natural juice. Conversely, when you cook the fish is correctly, and it is entirely moist with its natural juices, then it will enhance its nutrition and flavor. Accordingly, the above mentioned Pakistani masala fish fry recipe is rich in its savor, taste, and zest.