Every day is the day of love and care, but Valentin’s day is the specific day to express your feelings. February 14 is the day when people from all around the world, show their love to appreciate their important relations. From friends to parents, husband, wife and even kids and pets also have become a part of this joyful day. Here are a few facts about valentine’s day, ideas, and wishes to celebrate the day.
Facts about valentine days
- According to Wikipedia, Valentine was the name of many early Christian martyrs. And the 14 February was the great feast day to honor them.
- European folk traditions connected the day with romantic love.
- The custom of exchanging cards, flowers, sweets, and other gifts originated in the UK.
- In Slovenia, Saint Valentine was one of the saints of spring, the saint of good health, and the supporter of the bookkeepers and pilgrims. It is also considered that Saint Valentine was used brings the keys of roots”. So Plants and flowers start to grow on valentine’s day.
- The very first record of a valentine was a poem written by a French medieval duke named Charles to his wife in 1415. One of the lines in the poem is, “I am already sick of love, My very gentle Valentine.” Swoon!
- The oldest handmade Valentine’s are rebuses ( A rebus is a kind of puzzle, and the pictures present the meaning of the card).
- In A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Hamlet, Shakespeare referred to Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s importance in the modern era
- Americans spend approximately $277 million on Valentine cards every year. Valentine’s Day is around $14.7 billion industry in the U.S. And around a billion Valentine cards are sent every year all over the world.
- Around 200 million stems of roses are sold in the U.S On Valentine’s Day.
- In Pakistan, Like other few Muslim states, valentines day celebrations are banned. Valentine’s Day concept was initiated into Pakistan with TV and radio programs. But after long debates and criticisms, In 2017, the Islamabad High Court banned Valentine’s Day celebrations in public places in Pakistan. In 2018 PEMRA also stopped airing any valentines day celebrations. But as a subculture people here celebrate this day including many special days and events like New Year Day (Gregorian calendar), Christmas, Holi, and Dewali.
- In 2011, Iran also banned Valentine’s day celebrations, as an Islamic state condemn the spread of Western culture in their society.
- It is a surprise to know that teachers receive the highest number of Valentine’s cards, from their students, mothers, and wives.
- On Valentine’s Day, People exchange flowers. Different colored roses are considered as different meanings. Red means love, pink means friendship or sweetheart, and yellow means friendship. So on Valentine’s Day, approximately millions of stems of roses are sold at high prices.
2. Valentines’s day ideas
From chocolates to flowers gifts or any favorite food item to jewelry etc there are many ideas that you can surprise your loved one.
- Decoration pieces
- Cakes and chocolates
- Photo Frames
- Flower with cards
- Fancy beautiful masks and gloves
- Personalized mugs
- Balloons and decoration items
- Beautiful Pens and diaries
- Anything that your loved ones need and you can afford.
- Arrange a party with special foods and lovely gifts
- Plan for a trip outside
- Watching favorite movie
- Admiring each other
- Sending gifts and cards with special wishes
- Come out from busy life routine and spend some extra time with each other
- Planning for camping
- Go for dinner in your favorite restaurant
- Cook something special at home
- Get ready to look different with a special dress and accessories.
3. Valentines’s day wishes
Are you looking for some special messages to send to your Valentine? Here are some lovely wishes that can make your special one feel something important for you.
- Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day spent with all your dear and near—particularly me!
- I hope you and all your loved ones have a wonderful Valentine’s Day spent together. Wishing it will be full of chocolates, flowers, and lots of love!
- I wish you and your family a very happy Valentine’s Day. Enjoy this special time together and remind that how much you appreciate each other!
- Have a wonderful day full of sweets, flowers, and love. Wishing you all the best this Valentine’s Day.
- Such a wonderful day with so much love in the air. Wishing you plenty of love and celebration with your family!
- Wishing you happiness and love in the coming years! With many valentine’s days ahead.
- I miss and love you lots, and along with a happy Valentine’s Day, I wish you a wonderful year (with a few visits from me!)
- Wishing you well, Valentine. Hope you have a wonderful day, and can’t wait to meet you to celebrate!
- I wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day! The chocolates are waiting to visit you.
- Valentine’s day is a day meant to be spent with those you love, so my wish for you is to arrange to get together!
- I wish you the most wonderful Valentine’s Day—I know mine is better thanks to you.
- Bestie: Who wouldn’t love a bestie like you?
- Rose: I love you a red rose!
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” —Helen Keller……So I want to walk with you, dear!
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” —Eva Gabor……….. So let’s play!
Stay safe and enjoy all the happiness of life. Happy valentine’s day!